Who collects your personal data?
Your personal data is collected by Lifeyana (trade name of Youkol B.V.), a company registered in The Netherlands with registered office at Willaertstraat 42 (1075 LH) Amsterdam (hereinafter: “Lifeyana”).
Our website address is: https://www.lifeyana.com.
What personal data do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our services. For example, when you create an account, purchase a product/service from our website or register for our newsletter. This type of information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information and the way you use the services.
Information we collect from your use of our website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
To further enhance the user experience on our website, we make use of behaviour tracking softwares. Your behaviour on our website might be recorded via these softwares and stored anonymously. No personal information is stored in these tracking softwares, which allows them to be used under our necessary cookies.
We use multiple pixels for tracking the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and to provide customized ads on other websites via Google or Facebook. These pixels send behaviour statistics to external parties like Facebook or Google, where this information is coupled with your email address to provide you with relevant ads in the future. These pixels will be prohibited from sending your data to third parties when non-necessary cookies are disabled.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- provide you (with information about) services and products that you request from us;
- manage your account;
- do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our services;
- communicate regularly with you to inform you about our services, updates regarding our terms & conditions and other information that may be of interest to you;
- resolve consumer and/or product and services issues;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you
- – improve your customer experience in our services;
- deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- participate in our online communities;
- store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- create external marketing & analytics reports;
- prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our services;
- analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development;
- assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms & Conditions.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to retailers, service providers, facility managers, property managers and third-party integration partners, if needed to provide you with the services and products ordered or used via our services. These parties shall process your personal data in conformance with a data processing agreement that we will enter into with them.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- if we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit);
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others;
As much as possible, we will anonymize your personal data when shared with third parties.
Links to other websites and apps
How do we protect your personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
In particular: (i) we encrypt many of our services using SSL, (ii) we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, from time to time to guard our systems against unauthorized access, and (iii) we restrict access to personal information to our employees, retailers and all other parties we work with, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
What rights do you have over your personal data?
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability.
Through our newsletters, we may keep you informed of offers, promotional actions and other news. To be sure of your consent to receive newsletters, we use a double opt-in system: after you have given permission to receive a newsletter, we will send you an e-mail in which we will ask you to confirm your consent. In every newsletter, you have the opportunity to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
You can stop receiving our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of every newsletter.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data current and complete. If you have problems with viewing, editing or deleting your personal data, please send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or comments?
Lifeyana (Youkol B.V.)
Att: Privacy Officer
1075 LH Amsterdam
You also have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the competent privacy authority.
Last edited: July 24, 2020